Overview of The Air We Breathe
In this section, you will discover some really cool stuff about the air we breathe. Discover how to measure air and discover its incredible strength! You will also learn about air flow and air pressure demonstrated by the mighty bald eagle. Explore wind velocity, air temperature, and air mass and come to understand fronts that effect the weather.
In this section, you will also be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the major elements that make up the air we breathe?
- Where does oxygen come from and how is it produced?
- Why does the air get thinner the higher up we go?
- Why do astronauts need space suits?
- What causes meteors and space debris to burn up in the earth's atmosphere?