Exceptional communication skills are one of the most sought after skills by employers today (and helpful on the home-front as well). In this lecture, you will discover what employers are looking for and be the diamond in the rough that they are looking for.
Today's workforce MUST be tech savvy and know how to motivate and empower other people. This course is the part 2 in the 21st Century Skills for the 21st Century Workforce Mini Series and sets the foundation in the Business Essentials Mega-Series as well as the Building Trust and Rapport Mini Series for babysitters..
Part 1 of this mini-series builds the technical skills most widely used in business today.
Part 2 empowers you with the soft skills that employers are desperately searching for.
In Part 3, inspire trust and rapport through your actions of integrity, authority, and respect.
BONUS MATERIAL: Specifically for babysitters, learn best practices to know what to do when asked to babysit during a meal or snack time to keep on the top of their call list. You will customize a Babysitter's Busy Bag that will not only help you be prepared and proactive, but also provides a really fun activity to engage the children while on-the-job
.At the end of the 21st Century Skills for a 21st Century Workforce Mega Series course, you will be able to
- Define leadership and leader
- Understand how this applies to babysitters
- Recognize that babysitting is a leadership position
- Understand what rapport is
- Identify 3 ways to inspire trust and rapport with the families you will care for
- Better understand the differences between leadership and management
- Identify task-oriented responsibilities
- Gain a basic understanding of what it means to be "in charge"
- identify 6 essential things to do to lead and manage an emergency situation.
- Create a new document in Google Docs
- Save the document to your computer as a different file type
- Open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat DC
- Upload a PDF file from your computer into Adobe Acrobat DC
- Add content to an already published PDF file
- Create your signature and save it to use on future documents
- Electronically sign an already published PDF file
- Move a text field you created to anywhere in the document that you want
Shawna is passionate about high-quality education. She has over 30 years experience in child care, including private, in-home family child care, as well as licensed center experience. She is the president of Walden University Cyberspace Chapter, the only online chapter for Phi Delta Kappa International. Phi Delta Kappa International is a Professional association of educators.
Shawna holds a
•BS in organizational communication from Kaplan University
•MS in early childhood studies from Walden University
•Graduate certificates from Walden University in Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
•Ed.D. doctoral Candidate
•Graduate coursework in management and leadership, marketing, and digital communication
She is an experienced entrepreneur, launching her first odd jobs business at the age of 9. She has launched several successful home-based businesses, including a long-running pet sitting business and in-home family learning program, an education consulting service. She is the administrative director for her husband's senior living music ministry that is celebrating it's 9th anniversary.
Shawna is a homeschool educator, experienced in all subject matters from birth through 9th grades. She has created her own curriculum for early and middle childhood to best accommodate a child-centered learning experience for her students. She now uses these experiences to empower families of young children and business professionals as an Early Childhood Consultant.