Today's workforce MUST be tech savvy and know how to motivate and empower other people. This course is the part 2 in the 21st Century Skills for the 21st Century Workforce Mini Series and sets the foundation in the Business Essentials Mega-Series as well as the Building Trust and Rapport Mini Series for babysitters..
Part 1 of this mini-series builds the technical skills most widely used in business today.
Part 2 empowers you with the soft skills that employers are desperately searching for.
In Part 3, inspire trust and rapport through your actions of integrity, authority, and respect.
BONUS MATERIAL: Specifically for babysitters, learn best practices to know what to do when asked to babysit during a meal or snack time to keep on the top of their call list. You will customize a Babysitter's Busy Bag that will not only help you be prepared and proactive, but also provides a really fun activity to engage the children while on-the-job
.At the end of the Building Trust and Rapport Mini Series course, you will be able to
- Define leadership and leader
- Understand how this applies to babysitters
- Recognize that babysitting is a leadership position
- Understand what rapport is
- Identify 3 ways to inspire trust and rapport with the families you will care for
- Better understand the differences between leadership and management
- Identify task-oriented responsibilities
- Gain a basic understanding of what it means to be "in charge"
- identify 6 essential things to do to lead and manage an emergency situation.
In this course, you will complete two check point activities to help you to better understand the differences and importance of both leadership and management skills. Watch the videos and download the word processing documents in the course description to get started.
After completing the presentation in this activity, you will be able to
- start a new presentation in Google Slides
- Choose a theme and apply it to your presentation
- Add shapes and texts to a blank presentation slide
- Change text in the heading and subheading placeholders
- Create a representation of two items that share a relationship
- Format text
- Group items
- Align items on the slide(s)
- Add transitions and animation
- Compare the still presentation to the animated presentation
- Experience the difference animation and transitions make
After completing the document in this activity, you will be able to
- Add tables to a word processing document
- Format cells, rows, and columns
- Add and delete cells, rows, and columns
- Create row headers in a table
- Change text and formatting
- Add a picture to a word processing document
- Place the picture exactly where you want it
- Enter text into a table in a word processing document
- Begin entering important questions that you will need to know before, during, and after a babysitting assignment