Today's workforce MUST be tech savvy and know how to motivate and empower other people. This course is the part 2 in the 21st Century Skills for the 21st Century Workforce Mini Series and sets the foundation in the Business Essentials Mega-Series as well as the Building Trust and Rapport Mini Series for babysitters..
- Define leadership and leader
- Understand how this applies to babysitters
- Recognize that babysitting is a leadership position
- Understand what rapport is
- Identify 3 ways to inspire trust and rapport with the families you will care for
- Better understand the differences between leadership and management
- Identify task-oriented responsibilities
- Gain a basic understanding of what it means to be "in charge"
- identify 6 essential things to do to lead and manage an emergency situation.
- Create a new document in Google Docs
- Save the document to your computer as a different file type
- Open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat DC
- Upload a PDF file from your computer into Adobe Acrobat DC
- Add content to an already published PDF file
- Create your signature and save it to use on future documents
- Electronically sign an already published PDF file
- Move a text field you created to anywhere in the document that you want
Shawna is passionate about high-quality education. She has over 30 years experience in child care, including private, in-home family child care, as well as licensed center experience. She is the president of Walden University Cyberspace Chapter, the only online chapter for Phi Delta Kappa International. Phi Delta Kappa International is a Professional association of educators.
Shawna holds a
•BS in organizational communication from Kaplan University
•MS in early childhood studies from Walden University
•Graduate certificates from Walden University in Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
•Ed.D. doctoral Candidate
•Graduate coursework in management and leadership, marketing, and digital communication
She is an experienced entrepreneur, launching her first odd jobs business at the age of 9. She has launched several successful home-based businesses, including a long-running pet sitting business and in-home family learning program, an education consulting service. She is the administrative director for her husband's senior living music ministry that is celebrating it's 9th anniversary.
Shawna is a homeschool educator, experienced in all subject matters from birth through 9th grades. She has created her own curriculum for early and middle childhood to best accommodate a child-centered learning experience for her students. She now uses these experiences to empower families of young children and business professionals as an Early Childhood Consultant.